Monday, October 18, 2010

Rejoice!

Seriously God is so good. Tonight at bible study we were talking about rejoicing in our pain. Rejoicing when things aren't going how we want them too. So first, I was thinking.. well Francie you're doing it right now. Good for you. There is something that is not ideal at all in my life right now, but I'm looking at the positive in it. Well, check out that sin.. a little prideful, huh? So after I recognized the pride, the Lord revealed my selfish motives. Am I rejoicing in my pain because I know He has a greater plan for my life that will further His kingdom and is in His best interest. Or was I rejoicing at the fact that there is something better for ME? It's not about me. This life is about HIM. So first, even if I am rejoicing in my pain, it should be because I know the Lord is using the trial to develop me so that I will be more equipped as His servant. Did that make any sense? I wish I could verbalize how the Lord is moving in my life better. But I guess getting it out of my head and written down is a step to understanding...

No comments:

Post a Comment