Monday, September 13, 2010

a new start

College has begun and it's crazy hectic. Everything is happening so quickly and I don't want to get carried away. I want to try to daily glorify what the Lord is doing in my life and highlight those experiences, since so much of my time is spent in class, studying, and at parties..

I guess I should start with this.. the night before we left for college I was listening to 93.7 driving to Mallory's house to say goodbyes to everyone. The man on the radio was referencing Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." He went on to say how all the times he'd read the verse he'd always seen it as a verse referring to salvation. However, the Lord showed him how in everything he did to ask the Lord. So I turned off the radio and thought about how many times i thought about wanting to make amazing friends in college and stay close to my friends in high school and everything like that. However, I was convicted because I was too foolish to ask the Lord. So right then in the car I asked the Lord to watch over me and give me the friends I needed to help me endure the craziness of college. And of course He was faithful. The past month of school has been amazing. I've met the most wonderful girls ever and I couldn't be happier. Once again, He has shown me how faithful He really is.

With the ups and downs of life and my faith, I found myself this morning seeking the Lord to reveal his faithfulness once more. Who knew it would only take a few hours. Reading through Matthew, I was reminded of the verse Matthew 7:7 and my experience the night before I left for college. I turned to Proverbs and read chapter 16. Proverbs 16:3, 9 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed... In his heart a man plans his course but the Lord determines his steps" both stood out to me . A couple hours later I began writing a letter... guess which verses were the best fit for that letter? Of course.. the Lord had already given me the verses and words to say for encouragement in this letter. He is consistently faithful to me. But if I'm not seeking Him, I may miss a blessing.

So even though college for many people is about how hard they can party and how many classes they can miss yet still pass.. for me I want to grow deeper with the Lord. I want to take my faith from inside my head and from my morning bible studies and show it. Do something. Make it visible. Because the Lord is too good to me for me to sit back and just enjoy Him and not share Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment