Wednesday, July 13, 2011

And I rest..

The Lord makes everything beautiful in His time. Our lives are His masterpiece. And just as He is beautiful, He desires to make us beautiful. When we surrender and place our lives in His hands, we will watch them prosper.

Prosper. Maybe not our sense of the word. His plans are far above our own, and He knows what a prosperous life looks like for each of us. And while sometimes we don't understand..

I rest.

Because the Creator of the universe has an idea of what He's doing. A pretty perfect plan. For each of His children. We surrender. We ask for His eyes. His love. His heart. So we may love others with His love. So we may hear Him speak. Allow our desires to align with His. Walk in His will.

So my desire is to be where He is. To sit in His presence. For Him to burn in me. From the inside out. Because my soul is crying out for Him. The Lord gave me a fresh reminder that in His presence is where I belong. It's where I feel whole. Like going home. The only good thing in me is Jesus. And when I turn to Him, I am filled. I find joy in His presence.

And I rest.

I know that my future is in His hands. I know He has proven himself faithful. I was bought with the precious blood of Jesus. God calls me worthy. What amazing grace.

So I surrender. Not just once. But everday to the desires of my flesh. Because my Savior died for me and He deserves all of me. Not just part of me because He gave all of himself.

I surrender..

And I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment