Sunday, June 26, 2011

purple flowers

The past few days have been nothing short of crazy. The stomach bug is going around staff. What a blessing that Challenge, Second Wind, and TracII have all been off property the past few days while we battle this bug. Praise the Lord it hasn't hit me, but people are dropping like flies. And unfortunately an office girl who was supposed to work after my shift got sick. So here I am.. 8 hours later in the office with 2 more to go. As much as I would like to say I've looked at this as a great opportunity to serve. I haven't. As much as I would like to say I haven't complained at all. I'd be lying. Let's face it. A ten hour shift isn't ideal. And working the morning shift the following morning makes it worse. Forgive me. I know you sense my bitter spirit. But praise the Lord He is still on the throne. Praise the Lord he sent his son who sympathizes with me. Who understands what I'm going through. Who is pleading on my behalf saying, "Daddy, she's tired. She's stressed out. I know how she feels right now." Praise You Jesus that you paid the price for me. Selfish me. So when I selfishly compain, you hear me. And you understand. You died for such a sinner.

And as I sit here, bitter and all, I see beautiful purple flowers. And I'm thankful. Even if it's the only thing I'm thankful for. They are beautiful. They speak your beauty. You know I love flowers. Whether I'm recieving them or just looking at them. I appreciate their beauty. And I believe those purple flowers are there just for me. For a time like this. When I need a reminder of who you are. Of the price you paid. And how much you love me, through all my hard times. No matter how insignificant they may seem. And I'm thankful for people in my life who will call me out. And remind me of what my purpose is. Even when it's really hard to hear. And I'm thankful for encouragement. Being reminded that I'm doing a great job, that people are thankful for my hard work, and that they couldn't do it without me. Thank you for relationships. For constantly reminding me through your people that you are here with me. When I'm acting a fool, in such a wretched mood. That you love me through it all. That you are molding me into your beautiful daughter. You are creating me for my calling. You have a purpose in it all. And while I watch this purpose unfold. I'll sit here. With the purple flowers.


"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are- yet without sin. Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Hebrews 4:14-16



"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died- more than that, who was raised to life- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"

Romans 8:31-34

No comments:

Post a Comment