Monday, May 2, 2011

April 28, 2011

April 28, 2011 a tornado devastated Tuscaloosa, Alabama. 











Relief efforts have begun. I have been amazed by the servanthood of Church of the Highlands. We are supplying the city with necessities and sharing the love of Christ. Our very own Tuscaloosa Dream Center is forming within days of the disaster and we, as a campus, could not be more excited about what the Lord has in store for this city. You're the God of this city. For more information on how to help with the tornado relief visit this website: http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/relief







I'm home for the day to rest before returning to Tuscaloosa to continue blessing the city and all the people affected by the tornado. I ventured to the backyard to capture the beauty the Lord blesses us with. I was reminded of a song...


Look at the way the flowers bloom for You
They want to show You there beauty, Lord
Running waters dance, You and I romance
Unto You be all the glory. Unto You be all the glory


The angels dance around You
The earth it sings about You
Open up the heavens, Lord
Let Your Kingdom come to earth


My praises all surround You
My soul can't dance without You
Open up the heavens Lord
Let Your Kingdom come to earth


Jesus Culture- "My Romance"



Yes, we're experiencing lost, devastation, pain. Feeling helpless, useless, confused. Asking why's and what if's. But in the end God is God. He is above what we can see, imagine, or relate to. And His way is unbelievably perfect. It was a precious reminder to see His beauty in the flowers. In nature. So if His plan is perfect why don't we trust it? I caught myself thinking how helpless I felt once the storm hit. The wind controlled me. Pride stepped in and said, "YOU can feed people, YOU can give them clothes, YOU can love them." ha, WRONG. JESUS can do all those things through me. I really am helpless. But I'm always helpless. Jesus is the only good thing in me and the only reason I am able to do anything. And we will praise Him in this storm, because we know His beauty will be revealed as revival breaks out in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. To You be the glory, forever and ever!!


You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation, You are

You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless, You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this city
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done here

Chris Tomlin- "God of this City"


Continue to pray for the city. We are rebuilding the city on the foundation of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment