Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yours Forever

Sheesh time flies. Seriously, January came and went too quickly! But it was oh so good! Our church gave three weeks in January to the Lord, fasting and praying. And I guess it should of been the slowest weeks of  my life. But now that it's over I can't wait until next year's three weeks. I grew to love waking up at 5:30 to go to a 6AM prayer meeting. Seeking the Lord for an hour every morning. Blessings, blessings. The Lord opened my eyes a lot during the past three weeks, and even though the fast is over.. our relationship is still growing. You see, it's great to have a designated time to fast. To give things up for God. To set aside one hour of your morning to seek him in passionate prayer. But who says we can't do that everyday? I say we can. I say I will. SO often I find myself waking up, rushing to get ready, and sprinting to class. But lately I've found myself giving my first moments to the Lord in prayer and reading His word. Because each morning when I wake up, I wake up because of Him. I go through each day of my life because I love Him. And because I want to serve Him. I am alive because He gave me life and He lives in me. So, even though the fast is over. My relationship with Christ is never over. I'm not on a break now. I'm seeking Him more now than ever. This semester is about to get crazy hectic. My schedule is full of Jesus and I couldn't be more excited. I'm so imperfect but Jesus you are perfect. You are holy. Lord, you have my attention. My life is in your hands. Move in me like never before. My future is yours. 2011 is Yours. I am Yours. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment