Sunday, February 27, 2011

the war is already won

This past week I have been.. drained. Physically and emotionally and in effect spiritually. Spending only a few intentional moments with the Lord each day left me in a place where I felt like I to "make up time with Him". Then I thought of the absurdity of that. The Lord knows we are going to mess up. He knows we are going to get caught up in this world. So we don't have to earn His forgiveness. The price has already been paid. And we praise You, Jesus for being the perfect sacrifice. We think of our relationship with Him in this roller coaster cycle. We have ups, we have downs. Well the Lord doesn't see it that way. We may have 'downs' but we don't have to work our way back up for the highs. The Lord amazingly, instantly forgives us when we ask Him, and we are made pure and given a 'redo' in His sight. So right now, when I'm experiencing this low and several attacks from the enemy, I cling to this verse and remember that the war is already won!! "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment