Sunday, November 13, 2011

to make a wretch His treasure...

How deep the Father's love for us. Amazing love. So constant. And I focus on this love. On what He has done because His love and grace are constant, forever. And my love is ever changing. So simply affected by circumstances. Lord take away my doubt, my faltering faith, and I will dwell on You. Who You are. Take away the James 1:6 from my life. An abundance of faith. A renewal of truth. Reignite a passion. Falling in love with my Savior and believing all He says He is.

I read the word... the boldness of Paul as he teaches Christ. As he shares the Light of the world. Not dwelling on his past but walking in his cleansed, redeemed, grace filled life. So in love with his Savior.

And I read "One Thousand Gifts". I'm reminded. Thanksgiving. How much to be thankful for. Even if I muster only thanks for my salvation. Saved. From death, from being away from a good God. I was saved. I cannot save myself. Thankful for God's only Son. That he bled for me. But, not just that. He taught me how to live. How to trust the Lord.. And Matthew 26:39. Not my will, Lord, but Yours. All to the Father. All... love, grace, forgiveness. Thankful for things such as these. All from Him. Gifts. And I'm learning. As I read and as I live... my stubborn self is learning the meaning of thanksgiving. And grace comes. In abundance.

I read... Purpose Driven Life. Living for eternity, pleasing the Father, offering Him all in the here and now. I'm learning, still. To live in awareness of His presence. To walk in thanksgiving. To seek His face in all things. And the source of it all? Focusing on His love. Because how could I not rejoice when I remember His love? This love I still cannot fully grasp.

But when I remember my Savior, His grace and love, All is whole.

Peace fills the questions and emptiness.

And I learn to surrender.

To soak in His love and allow the Holy Spirit to mend me...

No comments:

Post a Comment