Saturday, September 24, 2011

alignment


The best part of my morning. Reminded today of how much I need this everyday. I can't do it on my own. I say that so often, but it is truth in my life today. There is a new song called "Courageous" by Casting Crowns. One line really had me thinking about this truth: "The only way we'll ever stand, is on our knees with lifted hands." How opposite does this sound in our lives? We are instilled with the idea that if we want something, we must work with all our might to get it. But with the Lord, we surrender. He doesn't ask for us to strive, he asks us to let go. When we surrender, we live. When we let go, it all comes together. Jesus Calling: "Live first and foremost in My Presence. Gradually you will become more aware of Me than of people and places around you. This awareness will not detract from your relationships with others. Instead, it will increase your ability to give love and encouragement to them." How incredible that our Lord works this way. He created us to find absolute fulfillment in Him alone. Nothing else. Since He is creator, He knows that He is all we need. And when we are filled with Him, everything else in our lives aligns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment